For over four decades, Col. Jack Bowman has been a choice auctioneer for selling property in the Shenandoah Valley. Jack was licensed in 1978 as an auctioneer. He and his wife, Sandy, started the business as a side business to Jack’s full-time job as a painter. Initially, they only held “on-site” auctions, traveling to the site of the sale. As the demand increased, they leased a building locally to hold auctions, then eventually settled in the present location.
The business has been built on a sound business model of integrity, fair and ethical values, and honesty, which Jack and Sandy have instilled in their five children. All five children are involved in some aspect of the business. The three sons obtained licensure from the Missouri Auction School.
The business has expanded over the years into a full-time enterprise, including real estate and personal property auctions, “on site” auctions and auctions at the auction house. Jack and Sandy live in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
- Col. Jack Bowman: VAAR 0000185
- Jerad Bowman: Son: Auctioneer
- Travis Bowman: Son: Auctioneer/Realtor
- John Bowman: Son: Auctioneer/Realtor
- Andrew Kelley: Auctioneer
- Sandy: Matriarch and Backbone of the business. Honored mother and grandmother.
- Jodi: Daughter. Works full-time in the business. Practical, efficient, fair.
- Miranda: Daughter. Works part-time in the business. Is a nurse.
- Janet: Extended Family member. Clerk, Cashier. Kind. Helpful. Pleasant personality.
- Kirsten: Granddaughter. Part-time Cashier and Fill-in Clerk.
- Jaime: Granddaughter. Part-time Cashier.
- Dave: Full-time worker. Quiet, Committed. Knowledgeable.
Specializing in Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Real Estate, Agricultural apparatus and equipment, Shenandoah Valley Primitives including early painted furniture, pottery, and advertising, business close outs, charity and fund raising events and personal property.
Subscribe for updates!